Thursday, October 2, 2008

Started As New Migrant

24/9/2008
As a new migrant, there are a few things I had to do after I arrived. The things I have done today:
1. Apply for a Tax File Number - online
2. Register with Medicare - I went to Box Hill Medicare office to register. However, the officer cannot register for me immediately because my visa has been granted for more than 2 years. According to the regulation, if the visa grant date is more than 2 years, additional documents must be provided to show the intention to stay permanently in Australia. From the list of documents, I could select any 2 to support my registration. I felt that I could not get the documents.
Fortunately, after re-checked my file, I found 2 documents were avalable, i.e. testimonial from my previous employer and existing tenancy agreement. I managed to register my Medicare at Doncaster office.
3. Register with Centrelink - I went to Centrelink Box Hill office to register for employment assitance. They registered me for appointment with AMES, Box Hill at 11am the next day to further assist in job hunting.

1 comment:

Day Sea said...

Don't give up so easily, God will guide your way.